Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lend Me Ya Ear.......




Ten Minutnes with the guy everbody loves to hate.........




Hungry?: Why do every body loves chris? --

Chris Shields: That's a good question seeing that I deal with a lot hate but those that love me have numerous reasons. They love me because of my humbleness, my honesty, my passion about music. Most of all, because they love my story. I got one of those life stories that when its all said and done its gonna be book worthy. Something that those after me can believe in and have something to strive for because no matter the adversity i've always overcame it.



Hungry?: Whats all the noize you making and plus the slick marketing of the infamous mixtape...? --


Chris Shields: I been blessed to have been featured in the Hip Hop Weekly as the Unsigned Hype(Sep 08). Blessed to have a #1 song(Mack Down) on WGCI's Go-Ill Radio for 3 straight weeks, 2 songs on the Go-Ill countdown, and 5 consecutive weeks of airplay. I shot a video for my song Smiling Faces that had the town of Maywood buzzing because NO unsigned artist has ever created such a scene or stir in the city like that. I've also been featured on LeBron James website eighty81.com twice in 2009 http://eighty81.com/v2/?cat=39. So I just like to think hard work and good music is paying off for me, and I've only been serious about this music for 18months. The marketing for the mixtape was a slick idea that came from certain situations i've dealt with. I just looked at it as a way to shed light on the Hate I get as well as showcase my talents. It also made people check out my blog whoischrisshields.blogspot.com.



Hungry?: What does Midwest World Order means to you? --




Chris Shields:To me that word means Chris Shields! I feel musically nobody is on my level, I feel no other artist can arrange an album like Lend Me Ya Ear or make a name for themselves like I have wit no Team. Now im not sayin that in a cocky manner. What I mean is in this game you have to have an unwavering confidence in yourself and your music. Every artist should feel untouchable and feel that they are the best at what they do and then go make a case wit their music to make people believers. My engineer Toolz always say you gotta gain fans one at a time. And I've gained much attention in a short amount of time and I feel im just one ear away from the big stage. I feel I represent the blue collar hardworker that Midwest is known for to a T.



Hungry?: So any plans for a midwest tour? and whos your alliances in the midwest? --


Chris Shields: Definitely have plans for a tour, but im thinking more than Midwest. Im thinking all across the states. I just feel after the reviews I received from my debut street Album "Lend Me Ya Ear" http://www.zshare.net/download/57018874f676ab4c/ that I can have the same impact outside of the midwest as I did in it. So I got things lined up for the Summer that hopefully pan out so I can hit the road. My alliances in the Midwest is a short list that includes the P.I.L Movement, N.E.P.H.E.W, and Project FR3SH. All talented artists in there own right all making noise on the music scene.

Hungry?: Hey whats this everyone saying TechNine and Atmosphere is the only real underground artist who put in work and do they actual show love to the midwest underground artists? --

Chris Shields: I've never heard of either one of those artists and im sure there grinding. But as for the only artists puttin in work, I can't agree with that. Like I said im a one man wrecking crew. Im the artist, assistant, manager, stylist, A&R, publicist, etc and i've made major waves in a short time. But I do feel there is only a handful of artists who are REALLY grinding and putting in work and I tip my hat to everybody grinding to get it! Theres a lot of artists who are really putting in work all across the midwest they just don't have the right connects.

Hungry?: The question many wanna know also since you being from the chihow do mr. west really contribute to the city/midwest? --

Chris Shields: Kanye gets the utmost respect from me musically. He is a big contributor to Chicago for one reason. Kanye isn't afraid to take chances wit his music which is important. I think nowadays a lot of artist wanna go along with the norm and Kanye will take you places music has never been before. The best thing about is he won't care whether you like it or not, but he's gonna do it because he's so passionate about music. He gets flack for his ways but Kanye definitely gives you his all when he steps inside the booth. So I think he means a lot and contributes a lot to Chicago/Midwest it just gets overlooked because of some of his sometimes questionable behavior/decisions.

Hungry?: whats your your plans for the rest of 09? --
Chris Shields: 09 is the year I feel that's gonna change my life. My 1st born, Chris Shields Jr will arrive in July first of all. Then im releasing mixtapes Everybody Hates Chris:Reloaded, Monsters of the Midway with N.E.P.H.E.W, and an untitled mixtape with Chicago artist P.City. Im plan to release a new album 4th quarter. Expect to see Chris Shields all over this summer LA, MIA, ATL, NY, etc because numerous things are in the works. Got plans for 2 new music videos. 09 is the year, its gonna be Crazy!! Chris Shields and Hundred Grand is on the way to the Big Screen in 09.

Hungry?: quick give all our foreigners (other) regions a run down onyour city from the music scene fashion, grafitti/street art, nightLife? --

Chris Shields: Like Lupe said "Im from a city in the midwest, best city in the whole wide wide world!". Our fashion and style is second to none. My crew is pretty simple on the fashion, either sweats and Jordans/Dunks or Jeans and Prada Shoes. Leaders Store is making noise fashion wise in the Chi, they're stuff be hot! Our nightlife is crazy, Its something going on any day of the week in Chi City. Lots of nice spots like Ontourage, Ruby, Enclave, and Excalibur to name a few. Chicago is definitely the place to be if your never visited before. Chris Shields


No comments:

Post a Comment