Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hungry? Spotlight: Jay Bape


Hungry?: Who is Jaybape and what are astro kids? And why the name Jaybape?

Jay BAPE is the Flyest ASTROkid East of Japan…. Flew down via Planet ASTRO to Miami… ASTROkids is a movement … a lifestyle… and a group containing (Wreck Wregular and Bonez)

Hungry?: How did you create this big buzz and how have you been, so lucky to rub shoulders with about every big name in the music industry?

I just kno how to market myself….gotta love the internet… And I try to be everywhere that has something goin on… and the spaced out swag just gets respected when I see real people


Hungry?: Have you worked with any of those "Big League Artist's"?

I’ve worked with a few.. about to start working with a lot more… wanna make sure I do majority of the music with the hometeam 1st then reach out


Hungry?: We wanna ask three questions people wanna know..1 why do you have so many similarities of Pharell, 2, How do you afford all those expensive labels, fancy cars, jewlery and your not sign to any major, 3. (4 the ladies) Are you single?

1. Well that’s the big homie, one of the people I look up to in the game and it just so happens we look and do similar things lol


2. That’s all part of the grind to be an artist…. And doing these shows and getting paid helps out a lot

3.
Today while this interview is going on at this exact hour I’d have to say no…..


Hungry?: We see you are a very fly dude, what are your top five favorite labels and/or give us five fashion tips.



ASTROkids….. BAPE …. BBC … The Hundreds … and Stussy is tied wit Play Cloths


Hungry?: What are you hungry for and why?

Success and buffalo wings lol … I’m in this game to try to be successful for my fam and my fellow ASTROkids… I’m using myself to open the gates… and Lemon Pepper wings are the best


Hungry?: Where do you see or hope your career heading towards in the next 5 years?


I should have 3 albums done… 1 or 2 group albums done…. ASTROkids cartoon on toon Disney… and an A&R position at one of these major labels


Hungry?: Jay last question for all the hungry viewer's reading this. What advice would you give someone seeking to get to your position in the game?


Get a sold movement.. get your team together and make sure they foucused… make hits for your fans… and get it out to the masses… make sure u got ur image together which best suits ur music and ur movement… if all fails copy me daily by goin to http://goastrokids.com/ and www.twitter.com/JayBAPE and see how its done.

YESSIR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment